Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sizing an Auto Pilot

1. Back To Top    #1

Sizing an Auto Pilot

I was referred over to this website from another pool site. What a lot of great information. I am about to do a pool remodel (luna quartz resurface, new plumbing and surrounding decking) and the PB suggested a SWG system while we were at it.. In doing research,thanks to this great forum, I have decided on the AutoPilot (DIG-220). I have a 19,000 gallon pool and have read that is more practical to "upsize" the cell. The smallest cell is the 35K size. Do I stick with that or go for the 42K size? I don't mind spending a few extra $$ if the system will work better. Thanks for the help and looking forward to swimming in a SWG pool this summer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Sizing an Auto Pilot

Welcome to TFP!

This isn't true of most SWG cells, but with AutoPilot pricing the way it is right at the moment the smaller 35K cell looks like a better deal. Getting an oversized cell does make a few things a little easier, but even the 35K cell will be 185% of what you need so that won't be an issue.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sizing an Auto Pilot

Thank you for the information. I ordered the 35K AutoPilot system for my pool. I a looking forward to trying something different in our pool after 20 years of chlorine bottles!!