Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy touch salt reads 3400 test strips 3020, what now?

1. Back To Top    #1

Easy touch salt reads 3400 test strips 3020, what now?

Pool school recommends 200-400 ppm above recommended. Intelliclor recommends 3300. Should I leave things as is or trust strips and add salt?
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easy touch salt reads 3400 test strips 3020, what now?

All of the salt tests are +-400, so those results are the same as each other within the precision of the tests.

You will need to add salt before the end of the season, and most people find it easiest to do so early in the season while you are thinking about things like that. So I would add a little salt, say 200 to 300 ppm, now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an Easytouch and IC-40. If the ET box is reading 3400, its fine. Leave it be, it' right where it needs to be.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote:

All of the salt tests are +-400, so those results are the same as each other within the precision of the tests.

That is great info. Perhaps it can be added to Pool School.
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I used salt strips and it turned out they were off by close to 800. Could've been a bad batch of strips, but will not use them again.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.