Removing cover...THANK u TFP

goesta

Mar 31, 2011
Hello,
Yesterday we finally pumped the rain water away and removed the winter cover.
I not believed what i seen. Crystal clear water, the smell of chlorine. Needed to grab my camera and take some pictures immediately.

After i tested the water and it was totally balanced with a chlorine level of 10. I think i shocked to 20 in October before closing the pool. If it would not be this cold, i would jumped in right away after refilling!!

Shame that we plan to drain to install a pool light and repaint. But this was and is the plan.

This post is to thank all the people here from TFP - a great forum to learn everything about pools. (Even i was not registered to TFP at this time, i guess there are a lot of readers out there)

Learned everything about water chemistry here last year- only from reading all your great posts.

Thank you and greetings from Quebec,
Goesta

Attachments

• DSC_0226.JPG
    DSC_0226.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0227.JPG
    DSC_0227.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 182
WOW Goesta,

your pool looks great! I've searched your user name but could not find any more info on your pool. Is the new return just for the light?
I'm looking forward to seeing other pics of your pool. Do you know who built it?

Nice shape and love the black tiles, it's very inspiring for my creation.

Bruce,
Brownsburg

crookm11 said:
Good Job!! :goodjob:

Be careful when you take the rest of the cover off.

:cheers:

At the final stage of removing, some leaves and mud leaked into the pool - 10 minutes i made the picture. But not bad. Anyway we will renovate and hopefully drain today.
But was nice to see this clear water!!!!!!!

Next year i will need to perfect my technique and listen to your advice :lol:
Thank you

brownsburg said:
WOW Goesta,

your pool looks great! I've searched your user name but could not find any more info on your pool. Is the new return just for the light?
I'm looking forward to seeing other pics of your pool. Do you know who built it?

Nice shape and love the black tiles, it's very inspiring for my creation.

Bruce,
Brownsburg

Hey Bruce,

I looked it up for you.
The pool was built 1987, by a company here in the Montreal area "Les Piscines VAL-Morin".
When we moved this company was out of business right the time we moved here. But i seen the recovered and are situated in Laval.
I searched for a picture for you that you see the tiles better. It is actually a dark blue, looks a bit marbled. If i remember right the tiles are only a few years old, the renovated them a few years ago.
The new return will be only for the light, because our returns have not a good angle.

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 156
Cool,

Yeh, Val Morin was bought out by Trevi. Their new store is huge. They have two cement pools(one with a vanishing horizon line) and two inground liner pools within the store.
Val Morin and Val-Mar are two of the grand daddy's of cement pools in this area. Now they are both gone and a lot of their skilled employees are off building pools for their own company's.

My guy worked at Val morin 15 years ago.

Hopefully the light reno is coming along.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.