Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing cover...THANK u TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing cover...THANK u TFP

Hello,
    Yesterday we finally pumped the rain water away and removed the winter cover.
    I not believed what i seen. Crystal clear water, the smell of chlorine. Needed to grab my camera and take some pictures immediately.

After i tested the water and it was totally balanced with a chlorine level of 10. I think i shocked to 20 in October before closing the pool. If it would not be this cold, i would jumped in right away after refilling!!

Shame that we plan to drain to install a pool light and repaint. But this was and is the plan.

This post is to thank all the people here from TFP - a great forum to learn everything about pools. (Even i was not registered to TFP at this time, i guess there are a lot of readers out there)

Learned everything about water chemistry here last year- only from reading all your great posts.

Thank you and greetings from Quebec,
    Goesta
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Removing cover...THANK u TFP

Congratulations!

You deserve most of the credit! You did all the real work to get things to turn out so well.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

WOW Goesta,

your pool looks great! I've searched your user name but could not find any more info on your pool. Is the new return just for the light?
    I'm looking forward to seeing other pics of your pool. Do you know who built it?

Nice shape and love the black tiles, it's very inspiring for my creation.

Bruce,
    Brownsburg
    Cement 12'x30', in the neighborhood of 50 years old. Restored, 1.5"plumbing, 1hp super pump 2, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Summit2.5t heater,Hayward SWG t-9 cell, Nexxus Blanco lights, pentair bermuda gunite skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good Job!!

Be careful when you take the rest of the cover off.

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    Good Job!!

Be careful when you take the rest of the cover off.

At the final stage of removing, some leaves and mud leaked into the pool - 10 minutes i made the picture. But not bad. Anyway we will renovate and hopefully drain today.
    But was nice to see this clear water!!!!!!!

Next year i will need to perfect my technique and listen to your advice
    Thank you

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by brownsburg
    WOW Goesta,

your pool looks great! I've searched your user name but could not find any more info on your pool. Is the new return just for the light?
    I'm looking forward to seeing other pics of your pool. Do you know who built it?

Nice shape and love the black tiles, it's very inspiring for my creation.

Bruce,
    Brownsburg
    Hey Bruce,

I looked it up for you.
    The pool was built 1987, by a company here in the Montreal area "Les Piscines VAL-Morin".
    When we moved this company was out of business right the time we moved here. But i seen the recovered and are situated in Laval.
    I searched for a picture for you that you see the tiles better. It is actually a dark blue, looks a bit marbled. If i remember right the tiles are only a few years old, the renovated them a few years ago.
    The new return will be only for the light, because our returns have not a good angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

Cool,

Yeh, Val Morin was bought out by Trevi. Their new store is huge. They have two cement pools(one with a vanishing horizon line) and two inground liner pools within the store.
    Val Morin and Val-Mar are two of the grand daddy's of cement pools in this area. Now they are both gone and a lot of their skilled employees are off building pools for their own company's.

My guy worked at Val morin 15 years ago.

Hopefully the light reno is coming along.
    Cement 12'x30', in the neighborhood of 50 years old. Restored, 1.5"plumbing, 1hp super pump 2, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Summit2.5t heater,Hayward SWG t-9 cell, Nexxus Blanco lights, pentair bermuda gunite skimmer.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey Goesta,

did you get that light in? How's it look? Take pics at night please.

Bruce