Rain Rain...go away!!

May 8, 2011
As this is my first season with the new pool I am quickly learning how everything works. I have been testing my water 2 times a week at the local PS.

They have computer testing that gives printout of all levels. I am ordering my own kit soon so I can test more regularly.

But with all this rain that we are having in Ontario the pool is filling quickly, effecting my water chemistry. Today I tested water and required 3.8kg of buffer and 3.0kg of stabilizer. Last week I added around the same as per the instructions from water tests.

My water is great right now but this week we are projected for a ton of rain. Is there any preventative things that I can do so that I am not adding so much chemicals every week?? Or is this one of those pool things that I need to get use to?

So far this month in Southern Ontario, we've had 67mm (2.63 inches) of rain. At one point, we had rain for 68 of 96 hours. I had to drain excess water out of my pool a few times (see my post about forgetting to turn filter back to 'filter' from 'waste').

Speaking of rain, what does it do to PH and Alkalinity? Raise or lower?

Ontario has been crazy. I left for Vegas last week and had approx. 2 to 3" of extra water in pool. Pool is 18x36 so more than I expected. My salt went from 3200ppm to 2800ppm with the rain fall. I have required a total of almost 7kg of buffer over past 2 weeks and 6kg of stabilizer. But with that said I started the heater up which may effect some of the chemicals. The water went from 62 to 80 and I have balanced everything now.

I just want to be ready. I hate surprises and don't want to lose control of my water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.