My first big mistake of the year

:oops: I messed up real bad :oops: ....I put in about 1 lb of cya, and using my test kit TF-100 I got no results for over a week (the water was in the 60's), So I added more. Now the test reads 90. I only use bleach, and except for leaving town for over a week. I don't plan on using anything but bleach. That being said, my pool is crystal clear no cc's and everything is going good. My TA is A little high at 110. Should I do anything or just keep on trucking on? I will try to keep my fc at 5 till it gets hotter then up to 7.
Thanks for this great website!

You need to maintain your FC levels per the CYA/Chlorine chart in pool school. If you're going to use bleach............just let rain water and water replacement let that CYA number drift down slowly unless you're in the mood to replace some water now. It can take up to a week for CYA to properly register on a test. Of course.............you know that now! Check your PH regularly and see if it likes your TA level or not. Adjusting Ph down with acid will also lower your TA over time.

You'll know when the TA is too high by the pH making a large swing. If you test one day, and pH is 7.2, then you test the next and it's 8.2, then you'll know it's too high. By adding acid to lower pH, you're also lowering TA, and eventually, you'll hit a "sweet spot" with the TA, where the pH just "locks in" and you'll find that you barely ever need acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.