Help! problem with my barracuda G3

May 17, 2009
Ok, here's my problem. I just opened up my pool and was using my G3, it will only work for a few minutes, then the pressure in my filter ( Hayward sand filter)
rises to 26 from 18 and my my pump stops suctioning. I turn off the pump then turn it back on and the same thing happens. It sucks fine for the few minutes then stops again, there is nothing in the hose or at the end of the G3 that might clog the system . My pump works great when I don't have it attached. I am hoping one of the guru's here on the forum can give me some advice.
Thanks

I have emptied the strainer basket, once it was full another time there was nothing but a few leaves. I also checked to make sure nothing was in the diaphragm, I pulled it apart just to make sure. I have backwashed the filter as well, just to make sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi - you may have a clog in your vacuum line from pool to pump. Had a similar situation last year and found that my vacuum line was clogged with leaves. Once I cleared the leaves, problem went away. Have you tried putting only one section of hose in the vacuum port (keeping port open) to see if problem still occurs. That is how I found i had a vacuum line clog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.