Nice to find this new place...!

Oct 5, 2007
western NY
Hello all,
For years I've been a member of poolforum.com......from there, i saw a post about this new site.
Good to be here.
I live in western NY, and have a 30' AG pool with a big, beautiful, all vinyl deck. I designed and built it myself, and installed the pool myself also. Actually, I designed and built the house that it is attached to also. If there is a place to post pics here, I'll try it.

Anyway, I've used the BBB method for years...it's great! I have the PS-232 and a PS-234 test kit.

Although I live outside of Buffalo, NY, I do not cover my pool in the winter......no wind damage that way, and it is much easier cleaning some leaves in the spring then messing with a cover 2x a year.

Anyway, I'll look around here, and post and help when I can. thanks! Frank D.

Welcome Frank!

The easiest way that I have found to post pictures is to create a (free) account at www.photobucket.com . Once you have you're pictures uploaded into your account, click on the "IMG code". The picture will automatically be copied. Then simply paste it in your post and the picture will appear in your post.

I've spent many a business trip around Buffalo (love Anchor Bar) and in the Canandaigua Lake area. Beautiful area!

Thanks ktdave!
Actually, I'm in Batavia....30 minutes from both Rochester and Buffalo.......
thanks for the tip...I have a photobucket account and will post some pics in the picture section soon.

Your pool sounds nice! We just bought a retirement home in Florida....I cannot imagine being able to use a pool longer then 3 months.....wow!

Frank D.

Frank, welcome to TFP!! :goodjob:

My brother lives in Jamestown and hosts the Thanksgiving family reunion, beautiful part of the country -- and cigaretts are cheep :-D

Please know that we'll be here for any question you encounter with your pool :!:

Again, welcome to the site! - waste