Unorganized pool guy

PoolGuyFlorida

In The Industry
May 21, 2011
hello folks, ive being doing pools for four years now i have being on my own for the past 2 years i current have 200 pools ... but i struggle with the $$ .... i usually have 50 costumers behind on payment ... im not organized with the chemicals expense ... how much i make on repair... im just new to owning a business i need maybe some help with excell sheets to enter data !! any ideas how to get organized ? i do my billing with quickbooks

You can do it yourself. Quickbooks can handle all of this. Real simple. Just when you are on the job, take notes as to how much time you spend there and how much of each chemical gets used and bill it through quickbooks accordingly.

I lend money for a living and work with my farmers daily including a recordsystem that we offer in house. If you cant handle it, then outsource it to a CPA firm or a bookeeping firm and email those receipts that I mentioned in the above sentense to them. They will key it in, prepare the invoice, and mail it out. You can do a net 15 for interest and prepare monthly statements. You may be able to ask them to assist with bill collecting or you can handle that part if they prepare you an Aging Accounts Receivable weekly so that you can call the customers that are late with making payments.

Another alternative, is for the ones that are late, make them give you a check for a deposit before you begin service and explain to them why. You are not a bank so remember that.

Hope this has helped you out some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.