Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OSD Rock Speakers - just got em hooked up today

1. Back To Top    #1

OSD Rock Speakers - just got em hooked up today

I bought 3 OSD (outdoor speaker depot) speakers to add to 2 outdoor B&W WM6 speakers.

Two RS820OM 360 degree units
    One RS850

The RS850 is pretty good. Nice bass extension, reasonable highs, pretty linear. About as good as a $200 pair of your average entry point monitors.

The RS820OMs are pretty much terrible. Very muddy, compressed, and highs and low are non existent. I plan to return them if the shipping is not too much.

Overall, wish I had gone with Paradigms.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OSD Rock Speakers - just got em hooked up today

Thanks for posting. Did you boost your signal in anyway? I want to install outside speakers on my zone 2 but can't imagine a 200 foot run of speaker wire is ideal.

And have you heard Paradigms or just going on others feedback?
    Thanks
    24k gallon inground with 500 gallon spa, 580sqft Jandy cartridge filter, Jandy ePump 2HP variable speed pump, Jandy 1400 SWG AquaCal Heat Pump, Diamondbrite Aqua Quartz plaster

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: OSD Rock Speakers - just got em hooked up today

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken
    Thanks for posting. Did you boost your signal in anyway? I want to install outside speakers on my zone 2 but can't imagine a 200 foot run of speaker wire is ideal.

And have you heard Paradigms or just going on others feedback?
    Thanks
    I checked the impedance on the run (about 125ft) with the speaker attached. It was 7.5Ohms for the 820s and 6.4 for the 850. The amp is only 65w x 12, but seems to work fine. I may add a subwoofer inline with one of the speakers and run on a bridged (150w) channel.

In my house all A/V in centralized into one closet. Most speaker runs are at least 50ft. I have no issues, even with your basic <$1000 receiver running a 5 channel surround system.

I have not heard the paradigms, but I hear really good things about them. The down side is that they do not make a 360 degree model, which, with my backyard layout, is ideal. They use metal domes instead of the crappy plastic/mylar units virtually all other rock speakers use. Much more expensive though - about 2x the price of the OSD 850s.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build