Pentair ScreenLogic valve question

May 21, 2011
Hey guys,

I've got a Pentair system with a single pump that powers three different water features that I'd like to be able to operate independently. Today, when I turn on the first feature, the shared pump is turned on. Subsequent features operate as expected. The problem I'm having is that when I turn off any of the water features the pump is turned off as well, and all three features stop working even though ScreenLogic shows them as still being on.

The feature pump is on an Aux circuit running as a generic circuit function. It's hidden from the ScreenLogic display.

The three features are configured thusly:
- Fire Bowl: Valve that requires feature pump On
- Bubblers: Valve that requires feature pump On
- Step Valve: bypass valve for waterfall beside steps. This is hidden, and the waterfall is activated with:
- Step Falls: Generic circuit function. This activates the bypass and requires the feature pump On.

Is there a way to have the Pentair system leave the shared pump on when I pick and choose between the features until the final one is turned off? I'm running Controller Firmware 1.130.

Thanks!
-J

Yeah, that's how I've got all of the features configured. Problem is that by telling them to turn on with the feature, the shared pump is turned off when any of them is turned off.

I was hoping that there may be a workaround for this, maybe by specifying the Feature Pump as something other than a Generic circuit so that the system doesn't toggle it on and off automatically. Or maybe I'm just trying to get the system to do something it doesn't support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.