Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair ScreenLogic valve question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair ScreenLogic valve question

Hey guys,

I've got a Pentair system with a single pump that powers three different water features that I'd like to be able to operate independently. Today, when I turn on the first feature, the shared pump is turned on. Subsequent features operate as expected. The problem I'm having is that when I turn off any of the water features the pump is turned off as well, and all three features stop working even though ScreenLogic shows them as still being on.

The feature pump is on an Aux circuit running as a generic circuit function. It's hidden from the ScreenLogic display.

The three features are configured thusly:
    - Fire Bowl: Valve that requires feature pump On
    - Bubblers: Valve that requires feature pump On
    - Step Valve: bypass valve for waterfall beside steps. This is hidden, and the waterfall is activated with:
    - Step Falls: Generic circuit function. This activates the bypass and requires the feature pump On.

Is there a way to have the Pentair system leave the shared pump on when I pick and choose between the features until the final one is turned off? I'm running Controller Firmware 1.130.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Northest PA - Lehigh Valley

Re: Pentair ScreenLogic valve question

when you configure the feature circuits make sure that you have your feature aux pump circuit set to turn on. that way when you turn on any of these feature circuits they will also turn on the pump
    42,000 gallon gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Controlled by Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem auto pH and ORP system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu max e therm heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump
    Monogram Custom Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair ScreenLogic valve question

Yeah, that's how I've got all of the features configured. Problem is that by telling them to turn on with the feature, the shared pump is turned off when any of them is turned off.

I was hoping that there may be a workaround for this, maybe by specifying the Feature Pump as something other than a Generic circuit so that the system doesn't toggle it on and off automatically. Or maybe I'm just trying to get the system to do something it doesn't support.