Heating problem on balboa pack.

azazel

Feb 3, 2011
I have a balboa spa pack and all my contacts are pulled in and still not getting 240 across element. I have replace element also. Im stumped on this. When I pull contact down I barly get a spark from any of them. All power is there 120 on element legs and on everything on board suppose to have power. Any clues what's going on? Do I just have bad contacts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok.. are you checking for 240 across the terminals of the heater at the same time or check 110V each? The voltage will pass through and you will get 120 at both terminals. If you touch both you will get 240 or 0. If this is the case, one of the fuses that run the heater may be blown. Aslo, you can follow the heater safety loop for continuity. Like the pressure switch, there is a wire in and out for power. If you can trace each wire and get a return beep, then it may be the fuse. There is usually a schematic on the inside of the panel. Find the safeties (thermostat, temp sensor, hi-limit, lo-limit (if there) , pressure switch. Make sure if you have your probe on one and you go to the next that you have continuity. Also, make sure coming in you have a ful 240. not 120 and 120.

I ended up replacing the board. Maybe when I get time I will check this board out more. See if I can find the problem. But all fuse were good. Had good contact on all relays. Just never could get 240 across element. When I went to the shop the guy said that didn't manufacture that board any more so I got a 600 vs pack. Works great

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.