Pool reinstall - 10 years later . . . QUESTIONS!!!

May 20, 2011
We moved 10 years ago and took down a 24' x 52" pool that was only 2 1/2 years old.

It has been in a storage crate in our garage for all this time in Ohio. We planning to finally get around to putting it back up this year. I have some questions:

1) We used sand last time, but have been reading the forum discussions on gorilla pad which seems the way to go. Should we get a 24' pad or go with the larger 27' or 28' pad?

2) If we buy a gorilla pad, should we buy the coves too? What about the foam walls?

3) The liner has been folded in the storage crate for 10 years. It was in great shape, but with Ohio winters/summers we are thinking we should we order a new liner just to be safe. Agree?

4) We've heard people don't use sand filters any more. Does it matter if our sand filter still works or should we just get something else? If something else - what?

5) Should we place an order online or find a local dealer? If so, who?

6) It's been 10 years - what else should we be thinking of?

Thanks! We wanted to ask here before we went to the pool store for their "expert advice". :lol:

Welcome to TFP!

1) 24'
2) I recommend cove and wall foam.
3) Not sure, might as well have a look at it before deciding.
4) Sand is just fine. Other kinds of filters are good also.
5) If you want someone to talk to go local, if you want to save money order online.
6) Don't worry, it will all come back to you :)

Whst Jason said. I cant think that the liner would be good still, better to be safe with new. We replaced our liner last year and added the wall foam, foam cove and Gorilla Pad. We kept our sand filter though as it just works so well. We did go from BBB to a SWG several years ago though, much easier. Goid luck and get bsck into the swim!

Lay the liner out in the warm sun for a couple of hours. If it feels pliable it should be good (provided there are no holes or cracks). Do a good visual inspection while you are laying it out, check all the folds and seams for splits or cracks. Clean off any mold that may have formed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.