Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help with hardware

1. Back To Top    #1

help with hardware

HI. I have an Intex 24' x 54" Ultra Frame pool. I am having so much trouble keeping dirt off the bottom and film off the surface. I purchased a Hayward 1 1/2 h.p. pump with 18" sand filter. I am hoping this will be much improvement over my current 4000 gph Intex pump. I was hoping that someone has made this same conversion and could give me some guidance on how to adapt the hoses and fittings from the pool to the new filter/pump, since it has different sizes and threadings. Is there a kit that I can purchase, or do I just have to go to Home Depot and hope for the best?
    Oh, and I also purchased a Polaris 65 auto cleaner, so I will probably have to convert that hook up as well....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: help with hardware

Hi, welcome to TFP! We have several members with intex pools who have added better pumps and filters. This thread Census Poll on Intex Users contains a lot of information by Intex owners. This thread, Custom PVC pipe adapter for intex pools may be helpful as well.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!