Dichlor - where to buy?

Aug 13, 2010
St.Louis, MO
Where the heck do you buy Dichlor?
We put up our pool a couple days ago, filled it with water, and have been adding bleach. Went to Walmart and they have a whole aisle of pool chemicals but everything that says 'shock' is cal-hypo(or something like that). I'm looking for the main ingredient of "dichloro-s-triazinetrione" mentioned in pool school that we should use for the first 4 days. I think we had this same problem last year and my husband ended up going to the pool store, came home with something, dumped it all in per their instructions - end result: we ended up draining the pool.
Is there a big box store we can buy this at, or do we have to venture back in to the evil pool store, or order online? We don't need a lot, and we may not get to swim for a week or so.

You may have to go to a pool store to get it. I know that where I am located in Texas, there is only one place to buy it other than a pool store and that is at Kroger. I'm not sure what your store situation is there though. Wal-Mart has the same selection here as you describe. Tablets and the rest is all cal-hypo.

Sams Club, Walmart, Homr Depot. Shock is not really a product but a process, most of the items thst say that in the nane have what you need. I would just use bleach and skip dichlor. Buy some stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.