Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dichlor - where to buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

St.Louis, MO

Dichlor - where to buy?

Where the heck do you buy Dichlor?
    We put up our pool a couple days ago, filled it with water, and have been adding bleach. Went to Walmart and they have a whole aisle of pool chemicals but everything that says 'shock' is cal-hypo(or something like that). I'm looking for the main ingredient of "dichloro-s-triazinetrione" mentioned in pool school that we should use for the first 4 days. I think we had this same problem last year and my husband ended up going to the pool store, came home with something, dumped it all in per their instructions - end result: we ended up draining the pool.
    Is there a big box store we can buy this at, or do we have to venture back in to the evil pool store, or order online? We don't need a lot, and we may not get to swim for a week or so.
    Intex above-ground, metal frame, vinyl liner, 12'x30", 1718 gallons, 1600 GHP Intex sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Dichlor - where to buy?

You may have to go to a pool store to get it. I know that where I am located in Texas, there is only one place to buy it other than a pool store and that is at Kroger. I'm not sure what your store situation is there though. Wal-Mart has the same selection here as you describe. Tablets and the rest is all cal-hypo.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

Sams Club, Walmart, Homr Depot. Shock is not really a product but a process, most of the items thst say that in the nane have what you need. I would just use bleach and skip dichlor. Buy some stabilizer.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

Here in Louisiana it is sold at Lowes. Just be careful they have it in regular and super strength, but the super strength also contains copper.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~