Satuuration Index??

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
So I took a trip to my local pool builder (AAA Pools, Warner Robins). I needed to get some gaskets as my multi valve was leaking- to my surprise they just gave me the top piece fully assembled under warranty, so all I had to do was unscrew the existing and swap it out.

So now onto the topic. They installed a new water test system, so why not let me see what it comes up with. The test system looks fairly advanced with sealed canisters for each reagent and are used one time then discarded. The sign on the system was PINPOINT Computerized Water Analysis System.

My readings were all with in range and it was very close to my home testing, except there is a section in the print out that it tests for that I don't know much about. It is called "Saturation Index" the "acceptable range" is -.3 to 0.3ppm. My value is .73, and the analysis comes back as "Scaling".

Is this something to be concerned with? I didn't see it in the Pool School section- I may have missed it. Do I need to correct this? If so how?

Thanks all.

Saturation index gives you a rough idea of the possibility of calcium scaling or erosion of plaster surfaces. +0.73 is high and suggests you are very close to scaling. That shouldn't be possible if you follow our recommended levels, which is why we almost never talk about it, but is possible within some other guidelines.

You should post your full set of water test results and we can tell you the best way to take care of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.