Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DYI Pool Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

DYI Pool Slide

Has anyone built their own slide for their pool? I am interested in ideas......I am considering taking 2 wavy slides (gym equipment) and they slide into one another, so thought of bolting them together. My top deck spans from my pool 14' and top deck is 10' from ground, pool 4.5'.....thinking of adding a 10' and 8' slide together and I have a mister hose like those at amusement parks to cool you down and thought of adding it to the side of the slide.....just not sure how to attach it to the top deck and angle......if attach to edge of top deck w/ no stairs I don't know if the angle will be enough to give you a good ride.....if I come up over the rail, now that would be a good ride. But I know the entry point needs to be about 15 degrees so as to not go deep....... Any ideas?

Thanks! Tammi

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: DYI Pool Slide

Do a search, there was recently another thread
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

I went down this road last summer, and there are a bunch of options, but none of them are good. I ended up just sucking it up and buying a commercial one for our pool, and love it.
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Copperas Cove, Texas

Try this topic. Great build with deck and slide.

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

5. Back To Top    #5
    south georgia

thanks mark! found a 10ft slide for this year. the kids are estatic![attachment=2:3a7e396u]24804.jpg[/attachment:3a7e396u][attachment=1:3a7e396u]97944.jpg[/attachment:3a7e396u][attachment=0:3a7e396u]53240.jpg[/attachment:3a7e396u]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

6. Back To Top    #6

Walnut Creek CA

Nice slid js!