Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello from iowa

1. Back To Top    #1

hello from iowa

hello im from davenport iowa and i wish it would rain here already and knock off those pesky helicopter whirlybirds things off the silverleaf maple trees so i can take cover off and get some chlorine in pool and fire up pumps already,this cool season is gone on to long.....
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hello from iowa

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye
    hello im from davenport iowa and i wish it would rain here already and knock off those pesky helicopter whirlybirds things off the silverleaf maple trees so i can take cover off and get some chlorine in pool and fire up pumps already,this cool season is gone on to long.....

We opened about a week ago and it's been raining in NY for the past 3 days with good wind gusts yesterday. But our large maple by the pool still has those "pesky helicopter whirlybirds things" (love that description, I have no clue what they are called either ) stuck all over it and they love to hover into the pool. I keep a leaf net over the pool until they are done dropping.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome from another Iowan. I'm west of Ft Dodge about 25 miles. I don't have the maples with the helicopters near my pool, but I have a couple of small trees that bloom real pretty, & then shed the blooms. (The variety escapes my memory) Fills up the skimmer basket pretty fast. They're almost done shedding today, so hopefully it will be easier maintenance-wise from here on out. I've been shocking the last week, due to not getting my winter cover on last fall, almost done & ready to fire up my new Aquatrol Swcg. I'm pretty excited to get it dialed in & won't miss the constant jug-dumping. Another round of rain & storms last night, but today looks sunny with some wind.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome! I live on the other side of Iowa in the Loess Hills
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.