Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaPod Remote Showing Wrong Water Temperature

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaPod Remote Showing Wrong Water Temperature

I have the Hayward Goldline AquaPod remote control and it shows the air temperate, cell temperature and water temperature. I've noticed that it's not showing the accurate reading for the water temperature compared to what's shown on the actual Raypak heater I have outside. Any ideas what might be causing this? I just got this new IG pool installead and will be asking what the issue might be but was hoping to do some research on my own.

I searched several threads but couldn't find anything related to this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PJStyles

P.S - I haven't updated my pool equipment in my signature yet because I haven't yet had a chance to go out there and write down all the equipment models etc.
    27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaPod Remote Showing Wrong Water Temperature

It's probably because the Raypak heater has it's own temp sensor and so does the Hayward control panel. Your remote is probably showing the same temp that is showing on your panel.

I don't have the remote, but in my system, my panel shows one temp and the heater shows a different temp. Not off by much, but never the same. I have never bothered to try and sync them up. I usually just adjust based on my heater and it's all relative. For example, if my temp is showing 86 and it feels cold to us we turn it up to 87 or 88. I don't know if the water is actually 88 degrees, I just know that we like what the water feels like when the heater shows 88.
    15,000 Gallon IG 15x30 fiberglass
    CoverStar auto safety cover
    SWG Aqua PL-PLUS
    Cartridge Filter
    240,000 LXI Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I will typically just calibrate the controller to whatever the heater is displaying. Unless the heater can be calibrated, and also needs calibration.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

How do I calibrate the heater and the remote/aqua logic system. I'm now getting a large disparity between the two. Heater shows 86, and remote/panel shows 75.
    27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System