Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaner now hates the deep end..

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaner now hates the deep end..

Pool cleaner started the season working well,covering all areas. The last few days it has stayed in the shallow end of the pool and not going toward the deep end. I have replaced the piston,randomizer bar and have tried hoses of length suggested by manual,and longer hoses.Filter in hose is clean and filter in ramdonizer bar area is clean. Water is coming from all 4 jets in the cleaner. I will replace the pressure releif valve tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm stumped on what to try to get the little fella to cover the whole area again.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    polairs 165- 2nd full season of use. pressure in sand filter is 12lbs.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Cleaner is happy now.....

Pool cleaner started the season working well,covering all areas. The last few days it has stayed in the shallow end of the pool and not going toward the deep end. I have replaced the piston,randomizer bar and have tried hoses of length suggested by manual,and longer hoses.Filter in hose is clean and filter in ramdonizer bar area is clean. Water is coming from all 4 jets in the cleaner. I will replace the pressure releif valve tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm stumped on what to try to get the little fella to cover the whole area again.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    polairs 165- 2nd full season of use. pressure in sand filter is 12lbs.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +=
    just an fyi in case anyone else has the same problem.......... I had installed the the poolskim (great device) and my pressure had lowered just enough to affect the cleaner. Placed the reducer tab in one return to raise the pressure some. Now all's well. Poolskim is happy,,,cleaner is happy to wonder all over the pool again
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaner now hates the deep end..

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Cleaner now hates the deep end..

Topics combined for clarity. Sorry Melt!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!