Tired of replacing fabric on gazebo-made my own!!!

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
So I was tired of always changing the fabric on the gazebos I would buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I had a quote for a pyramid hip roof design I wanted. It was almost $5K.....Way to high!! So 4 weekends and the right tools and some framing knowledge I made this.....$1300.00 including the Sunbrella fabric. OH and yes I know I have to change the Facia Boards- I cut them a bit short lol........ I just made my own plans and went with it. Some boards are very heavy (like the 3/4" plywood) so I had the boy and the father-in-law helping to lift them
Painting the inside roof was the hardest part..... The structure is 13' x 13', now I just need some nice furniture to put under it!!!! :lol:

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

Great job.. Love the colors!

DIY saves tons of money!!... I can attest to that too. My Hubby has project after project on his list (most of them his idea) because we can afford it- only because we do the work ourselves. If we'd done like most people, I'd be lucky to even have my pool!

Very nice. I had the same frustration, but only chose to sew my own canvas top for the existing wrought iron frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
amjohn said:
Thanks for the reference on the fabric. Did you do your own stitching or order the curtains Pre-made? I am actually doing an awning, so wondering how hard the stuff is to stitch.

We measured and sewed all the pieces ourselves. The bottom has a hem which contains weights to keep them "down" when there is a light breeeze.

The wife is very talented with the sewing machine!!! We also used an outdoor stichinginstead of regular cotton thread so it will keep the hems together longer.

:-D

So I was tired of always changing the fabric on the hardtop gazebos I would buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I had a quote for a pyramid hip roof design I wanted. It was almost $5K.....Way to high!! So 4 weekends and the right tools and some framing knowledge I made this.....$1300.00 including the Sunbrella fabric. OH and yes I know I have to change the Facia Boards- I cut them a bit short lol........ I just made my own plans and went with it. Some boards are very heavy (like the 3/4" plywood) so I had the boy and the father-in-law helping to lift them
Painting the inside roof was the hardest part..... The structure is 13' x 13', now I just need some nice furniture to put under it!!!! :lol:

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

hardtop gazebos listed below...

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

Just wanted to say I was on the verge of buying a gazebo when I randomly came across this in Google. Ended up doing it myself. Was way easier than expected, and you're right - it feels good doing it yourself.

Thanks again.

Nice. I'm about to build one very similiar. is the structure 13' x 13' without overhang? I want one 12' x 12' with 2' overhang. So i believe i will need 3 sets of creepers per quarter. did you use 2" x 6" for roof? what size are your posts? 6" x 6"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.