Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for new filters but where to purchase and what type?

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for new filters but where to purchase and what type?

Are there any differences in the materials that the filters are made of? Who has the best prices online? If it makes any difference its for a 2010 jacuzzi. I searched and "filter" and its to common.
    Sand
    IG
    Pebble

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for new filters but where to purchase and what type

From what I've learned around here, there's not a whole lot of difference.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks
    Sand
    IG
    Pebble

4. Back To Top    #4

Which kind do you need? I ask because mine uses two types...one is reusable and one is not. I ended up buying a new reusable one (Unicel C-8380) as I don't know how old my existing one is (bought the tub used) and got it from a place called "Pool Products 4 Less" and they seemed to have good prices. The one I got was only $28 and I've seen this one go for much more at other places. I also bought the throw away ones (Sundance Spas 6540-502) from a different outfit before that from "Pool and Spa Store" and got 4 of them for $55 shipped. I tend to research the **** outta stuff and these were about as good as I could find for prices. I personally like to buy from stores in California as they tend to have some of the best prices, I don't have to pay Sales Tax and I get them shipped quick as I am in Washington state.
    Chris A.
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide | 1.25HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump & 13 gallon carboy (BBB) | Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator (used on pool startup) | TF-100 | 2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

5. Back To Top    #5

I need both filters. I'll check out the site you mentioned. Thx
    I've been doing a bit more reading and I'm getting conflicting info on when to replace the filters. Sooo guru's what's the life span on these OEM filters?
    Sand
    IG
    Pebble

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, being new to the business I'm not very experienced. However, I'm using 2 of these: http://www.sunspabenelux.nl/webshop/fil ... -13-cm.htm (sorry it's a Dutch site, but the picture will help). I'm having them in for 5-6 days, then change and clean it with a waterwand. So far I'm happy with the results. The first time I left the filter in for a month and there was no way I could get it clean again.
    Mind: I'm in my spa every day for hours, 9 out of 10 times my husband joins me for an hour.
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.

7. Back To Top    #7

Does anybody have a cross reference list for filters?
    Sand
    IG
    Pebble

8. Back To Top    #8

Try Filters Fast .com is the cheapest i can find on the internet. they can match filter to hot tub. hope this site helps.