Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return placement

1. Back To Top    #1

Sicklerville, NJ

Return placement

Sitting around waiting on the town to approve permits so I thought I'd do some pre-planning for my plumbing design. Skimmers are set (precut into walls) so just thinking of where and how many returns to use. I guess 2 returns for the steps are mandatory since the prevailing wind is going to pile stuff there otherwise... also thinking 1 across from each skimmer... then a fifth one in the top middle somewhere to try to set up a counter-clockwise pattern. Any good? The equipment pad will sit about 15' behind the steps on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Return placement

There are a couple of ways of doing it.

If you go for one big counter clockwise loop you definitely need something in the bottom right as that will otherwise be a dead area.

You might be better off going for a figure 8 motion, with the water on the two sides spinning in opposite directions: left counter-clockwise and right clockwise.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School