Patching Holes in Stamped Concrete from Removable Fence

briansturgeon

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
We will have our pool installed very soon and are doing a stamped concrete deck. I am planning on putting up a removable safety fence but I was just curious what I could do with the holes when say 5-8 years down the road I remove the fence. Just trying to plan ahead. Luckily the fence I'm going to use only needs a 5/8 hole but you know they are every 3' around the pool.

What have others done about these holes after taking down the fence?

I live in an area where we get cold winters/snow.

thanks.

you can get a pvc cap the right ID, have them inserted in the top of the holes of the safety fence, treated so they don't "stick" to the decking. to install the fence, drill through the end cap with 5/8 hole and insert the post. When you remove the safety fence, remove the drilled caps and replace with new complete caps- will leave a solid plastic "lid" on the holes...
Other than this, backfilling the holes later is about the only option, and probably won't match the finish at that point anyway...

Many local jurisdictions and most (if not all) homeowners insurance policies require fences for liability reasons. Fences aren't necessarily pretty, but a pool being a rather huge "attractive nuisance" in the eyes of attorneys seeking to have all you own, I would opt to make it permanent.

Snark said:
Many local jurisdictions and most (if not all) homeowners insurance policies require fences for liability reasons. Fences aren't necessarily pretty, but a pool being a rather huge "attractive nuisance" in the eyes of attorneys seeking to have all you own, I would opt to make it permanent.

I think what the OP was referring to by a "safety fence" is a removable type of barrier usually placed immediately around the perimeter of the pool to prevent a child from wandering/falling in. Not the permanent fence that surrounds the entire yard or pool area. A fence with-in a fence if you will.

That is correct MX72. I currently have a 6' privacy fence around my entire yard. I am just not too keen on a fence within a fence. That is why I was thinking to get something removable so once they are older I can take it down. Also, I do like to plan ahead but I really don't want to plan that far ahead for grandkids. My kids are only 3 and 9 months so that will hopefully be quite some time down the road and I can address the issue then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.