Pressure Test During Build

Apr 21, 2011
Oklahoma
We did a pressure test on each line and everything came back fine. We finished plumbing and set up a "tree". Ran enough water through the pipes to get 15PSI and it stayed steady for an hour. I went to bed sleeping peacefully. :)

I go back 12 hours later and my pressure dropped from 15PSI to 11PSI over a 12 hour period. I have a skimmer which looks wet. The plumber said it was the pipe running out the top of the skimmer that is the problem and not to worry, those screw off anyway after the build is complete so no leak is in the main plumbing.

Am I to worry? Suggestions?

Thank you.

Started another pressure test today. The skimmer starts "dry" then fills up and slowly spills out. Put plumbers tape on the pipe...I assume it will lose pressure again. I will certainly document w/pictures and move forward. Thanks again.

It did lose 2 lbs in about 6 hours during the day and it was all (I assume) from the pipe that is twisted on at the skimmer. My BP says once that pipe is gone the pool will be fine. Huh...the other skimmer doesn't do that, maybe I will switch pipes that are capping the water and see if that helps.

FYI, my PB put water in the pipes, pressurized, and left for the day around 4PM - and while I checked every day - he came back about a week later around 4PM to check pressure. Hadn't lost any observable PSI on their gauge. If they are losing pressure there, how can they not be sure they wouldn't lose pressure in some other place once that skimmer part is fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.