Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about sand

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about sand

Hi everyone,

Just bought an Intex 14x42 pool and laying the groundwork to set it up. My DH wants to use sand under the pool.. does it matter what kind? We are digging out the sod and plan to use edging around the pool to keep the sand in. He is estimating we would need about 2 cubic yards.. does this sound about right for 2 inches deep?

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kathy
    Intex 14x42, SWG (on order) just in the digging stage.
    12'x36" / 2100 gal/ AG / Krystal Klear 2500 gph sandfilter/salt water system(not setup yet) need help with this

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about sand

At 2" deep you will need a little less than a yard. And that'll take care of the cove too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the quick response but does it matter what kind of sand it is? My DH wants me to get masonry sand...

Kathy
    12'x36" / 2100 gal/ AG / Krystal Klear 2500 gph sandfilter/salt water system(not setup yet) need help with this

4. Back To Top    #4

masonry sand is fine. You don't want sand with large sharpe stones in it, but masonry sand is screened and is fine enough to use.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit