Hi Again from Tbell

Tbell

Jun 20, 2010
Tennessee
Hope everyone has been well...I haven't been on since last season. Ordered a refill kit for my TF-100 and have it (Thanks Dave) I do have a question. We opened our pool last Thursday. Under the cover the water was clear but when we pulled the cover off all the Crud on top fell in and turned the water green. I have that cleared up now and vacuumed what I could see on the bottom. I did an overnight FC loss test last night with a .5 ppm chlorine loss. So obviously my pool is shocked. Here are my test readings this a.m.
FC = 17
CC = 0
PH = 7.5
TA = 110
Cya= 70 (And I plan to maintain the pool at that CYA level)
Pool Temp 64 degrees
We put new sand in the filter.....just wondering how long do you think it will take the water to clear up so I can see to vacuum the rest of the Crud out? I ran the Free Chlorine level up to 22 when shocking....do I need to pop it up higher once more or just keep filtering?

Shock level for your pool at 70ppm CYA is 28. Also, the shocking process has three criteria:
1. CC at or below .5 (you have that)
2. Over night FC loss of 1 or less (you have that)
3. Water is clear

Since the water is not clear you need to keep shocking at the higher level till the water is clear. Keep in mind that with a sand filter it could take some time (about a week) for the water to clear....

I'd say right now just keep filtering. It's gonna take a little while to filter all the stuff out. It should make improvements each day and you need to get as much of the stuff out as you can even if it means vacuuming blind.

I'd also hold my FC a little higher than needed until it's clear.

Thank you all for the quick responses.... I think even though I have no CC's and No overnight loss I will bump the shock level up again higher and try to vacuum what I can't see. LOL. It has been filtering 24 7's for a week today. But it was pretty nasty. Thanks bunches for your help. You're the greatest. I'll get some new pics on here when I get it cleared up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.