Hello from FL.

Apr 10, 2011
North Port, FL.
hello, My name is chris. Been lurking since Nov. 2010 when we bought a new house with a pool. Trying to absorb as much info as I can.
All this new reading is making my brain hurt. I'm a jack of all trades and a master of a few. By trade Im an Aviation tec. and auto tech.

So picking up on this pool chemistry should come quick.(i hope)

We got lucky and the bank who owned our house had a pool co. coming out 2x a week and taking care of the pool. The bad.
Me being the "I can do it myself kind of guy" didnt keep the pool co. on when we closed on our house. I was slackin on getting a test kit and chemicals being the water was crystal clear and winter. ASSumed its winter not being used ahhh its fine.

Welp that tuned into a Mmm, pool looks a little discolored. Then green and cant see the bottom. ( prob a week or two)
Took a sample to the pool store. got some liquid chlorine / shocked the pool. scrubbed the pool & cleaned my filter every day.
Got it back to crystal clear. LESSON LEARNED. DON'T take it for granted IT WILL BE OK.

Now I enjoy brushing it 2 times a week after work. Then cleaning up and jumping in.
few pic's of pool (cell phone so sorry for quality) 1st thing I did having 2 kids(4yr old and 1 1/2) is had the baby gate put in. best $$ for piece of mind Ive ever spend.

Next investment will be a GOOD TEST KIT vs this little 3way dropper kit and a 6way test strip kit.ok enough rambling on im off to read more... My wife did a test strip today and it said TH was VERY HIGH(1000). I did one any hour ago and it said OK HIGH(250) yepp. time for a realtest kit.

IMG_20110507_110740.jpg

IMG_20110518_200529.jpg

Welcome.

A good test kits (such as from tftestkit.com) and following the advice you find on here will make pool care surprisingly easy.