Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool construction...Creative brains?

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool construction...Creative brains?

So, I’m helping a friend of mine build a pool at his house. The pool will be about 20,000 gallons, gunite, saltwater, with three fountains/statues/waterfalls ect. The depth will be only 4 ½ feet. We have a basic idea of how the plumbing and lights should be. However, we are looking for some creative minds to come up with an elaborate light/deck jet/water jet/plumbing system. It would be nice to use just one Intelliflo pump but if more are required it would not be a problem.

The pad shown in the picture is for the equipment. It will be at least 3 feet higher than the waterline. All the equipment will be fully automated.

The massive 14 foot tall wall of statues will be between the pool and the equipment. There will also be a waterfall on each side of the center fountain/statue in the dark stone area.

Our basic light idea is two color changing LEDs on the two angled portions of the stairs. This should illuminate the entire pool.
    It would be nice to have just two skimmers with one on each far end.
    As far as the rest of the plumbing/lighting esthetics, we are welcoming the imagination of others.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24,480gal True L. 1.0HP pump. Sta-Rite Cristal-flo T240BP1 with a WC112-147/148 multiport.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool construction...Creative brains?

One more pic. There will be waterfalls going down the dark rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24,480gal True L. 1.0HP pump. Sta-Rite Cristal-flo T240BP1 with a WC112-147/148 multiport.

3. Back To Top    #3

Just out of practical curiosity... How was that sculpture moved into that niche?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

I was not there when it was installed. My guess would be the brick masons and the backhoe. The thing is made out of metal so it is not as heavy as you would think. Although, I tried to move one edge out about an inch yesterday and couldn't get it to budge.

5. Back To Top    #5

no ideas, just WOW already
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!