Polaris 9300

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Anyone been using one of these for awhile? any broken yet? really really like the look of this thing and the lack of cleaning bags. but my experience with robots has been that if there is something to break, it will break. my dolphin never had a problem, but reading on amazon, every person says the motor died. So wondering the reliability on this thing.

Well, I've used mine for about a month last year and for about a month this year. It's working great so far. It's the easiest to clean and haven't had any issues yet. 2 months obviously isn't a long time, but so far I really like it. I find that I have to run 2 cycles through my pool to get everything when the pool is dirty and I average using it every other day so far. I also use a dirt-devil type battery cleaner to pick up big things while it's working on the entire pool.

I've had mine only a couple of months and it works really well. There is one problem though, which I'm in the process of getting fixed. It's kind of hard to describe, but on the filter there is a rubber gasket thing that sticks out of the bottom of the robot and that got bent upward and jammed when reinstalling the filter, causing the rubber to crack. It's a $30 replacement, but I'm actually going to call Polaris tomorrow to hopefully have them replace it.

The kicker is I think this problem was common, as when I went to the pool store to look at the filter, the new ones have a plastic inner tab which prevents this rubber part from bending which mine did not have. So it seems like they fixed it.

I've got to say, this is my first pool and first pool cleaner. The convenience of getting this guy out and started is great. Cleaning up afterwards takes about 30 seconds. Pull the filter out, spray it out and put it back in. All said, 5 minutes to set up, 5 minutes to put it away. I don't know how all the other ones work, but this one is great...

XsAllOverIt said:
I've got to say, this is my first pool and first pool cleaner. The convenience of getting this guy out and started is great. Cleaning up afterwards takes about 30 seconds. Pull the filter out, spray it out and put it back in. All said, 5 minutes to set up, 5 minutes to put it away. I don't know how all the other ones work, but this one is great...

yea, I've had a dolphin, blue diamond and a nother like a blue diamond, the bags are a pain in the butt. that filter system would be so much easier.

this thing is pricey, I'm gonna have to pass on it for now. no more deals like people were getting for 900 bucks or less.

michaelrj9 said:
poolsupply4less.com has them for $915.00 then supposedly you get the 100.00 rebate.

I was thinking of buying one but has anyone ever delt with poolsupply4less.com?

Thanks
i just checked this out, got all the way to to the payment page and it still said 915, so there is no shipping or anything? on the salt chlorinator for them it said 25 shipping, kind of weird.

thats definately a good deal, plus 100 back.

but honestly, you can get a blue diamond for about this price. And its got 4 years on the motors. And that and the powersupply are the only things that break on a robot. I konw I've blown 2 powersupplys and at least 6 motors.

and the cobia unit thats for sale now I beta tested and the pump and motor died in that too, and considering I was beta testing for the people that designed it, I confirmed I was doing nothing wrong. So something to think about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hzz said:
How is it at picking up fine dirt?

Anyone know how many microns it filters down to?

Can't tell you the microns, but it seems to do very well with fine dirt. When I empty the cannister, I'm always stunned on how much fine stuff is in there that I couldn't see at all when looking at the pool floor before using the robot.

Re: Polaris 9300 Source

Just bought a Polaris 9300xi and posted a revew of the vacuum in the other 9300 thread. Wanted to post my experience with Backyard Pool Superstore.com. I found them very competitive in pricing and they shipped it the next day of the order via UPS. I received it on the 3rd day of shipping (ordered Tu, recvd Fr). There was another store in CA that was $30 cheaper but could not find any feedback. Very pleased with the price, the ease of the web site, as well as order info via email and UPS tracking, and shipping was free.

Now, my biggest rec for the 9300-don't bother getting the remote control version (9300xi). The extra cost ($150) is not worth it since the remote control is very sluggish and slow. Save your money and get the basic 9300 for cheaper. And there is a $100 rebate on the 9300, so you can find it for less than $900 with the rebate.

I bought the remote model as the price difference wasn't too bad. With the $150 rebate on the 9300xi it was about $70 more. The ability to have it run automatically if we are on vacation plus the fact that it doesn't significantly increase the replacement motor costs like the aquabot led me to the 9300xi. Cost me $949 delivered.

I purchased the Polaris 9300 in August 2010. The robot has done an excellent job at cleaning the pool. It has 2 cleaning cycles. The 1 hour cycle does a decent job. The 3 hour cycle does an excellent job, picking up the smallest dirt particles. But my Polaris 9300 stopped working yesterday. The robot begins to clean, after 1-2 minutes shuts off and the cycle 1 and cycle 2 lights begin to blink on and off. I unplugged the unit for several minutes, let it reset, still the same. I also unplugged the cord from the caddy and plugged it back making sure it was seated and tight. I first tried to email Polaris, but their email address did not work. I then called Polaris, which is made by Zodiac, and was put on hold for 30 minutes. Finally I spoke with a young lady who was extremely helpful. She had me take the canister from the robot and put the robot in the water and turn it on. It still didn't work. She decided to ship out a new power cord and I will install it myself. There are no service centers locally. Once I receive it and install the cord, I will reply here and give the results. I am hoping it fixes the problem. I do recommend the robot. I hope this is a random problem.

sd72667 said:
I purchased the Polaris 9300 in August 2010. The robot has done an excellent job at cleaning the pool. It has 2 cleaning cycles. The 1 hour cycle does a decent job. The 3 hour cycle does an excellent job, picking up the smallest dirt particles. But my Polaris 9300 stopped working yesterday. The robot begins to clean, after 1-2 minutes shuts off and the cycle 1 and cycle 2 lights begin to blink on and off. I unplugged the unit for several minutes, let it reset, still the same. I also unplugged the cord from the caddy and plugged it back making sure it was seated and tight. I first tried to email Polaris, but their email address did not work. I then called Polaris, which is made by Zodiac, and was put on hold for 30 minutes. Finally I spoke with a young lady who was extremely helpful. She had me take the canister from the robot and put the robot in the water and turn it on. It still didn't work. She decided to ship out a new power cord and I will install it myself. There are no service centers locally. Once I receive it and install the cord, I will reply here and give the results. I am hoping it fixes the problem. I do recommend the robot. I hope this is a random problem.

Wow, that's a bummer. Hope it fixes the problem for you. Do let us know how it works out.

Just finished a good tryout of my 9300xi and I am disappointed. I ran two cycles the 90 and the 150 but it still left some dirt in the pool. There was one pile in the shallow end near the steps and it missed a few spots along two walls near curves. I did not use the remote to go after these last areas as I expected the 9300 to be able to cover the entire pool without assistance. My older aquabot was much faster and it appeared to do a better job. I still much prefer the cartridge system for cleanup ease in the 930 vs the bags which are a mess. I had been swayed by a few reports of faster robots going too fast and stirring up dirt instead of capturing it but this bot just doesn't get it all sucked up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.