Pressure from return

May 18, 2011
Hi TFPers,
I have a 24' AGP. I have a 1 HP Hayward Pump and a XStream 1500CC filter. I bought the house in 2009 and have acquired the pool from the previous owners. I have a question about the cartridge filter. It seems that I have a lot lower pressure coming from my inlet than I normally do. I have 3 cartridges that I cleaned by soaking them in dishwasher detergent and then used the muriatic acid to get the additional calcium deposits off. I would have thought that this would have increase the pressure, but it never seemed to get any better. I don't know if my cartridges are shot or if I have other problems. I replaced all my hoses and clamps and tore down everything multiple times. Should it be blowing out with great force or is it supposed to be like 2 streams of water from the bottom of the inlet? I hope this makes sense.

I can get a picture when I get home. But I can tell you it is rather simple. I have a hose going from my strainer to the pump and then a hose from my filter to the pool inlet. That's it. I thought maybe I had an airleak that is why I changed to new hoses and clamps. To be honest...I think it is worse now with the new hoses. I actually changed the hose from the filter to the inlet with the old one that I was using. I was having a problems with the hose sealing with the inlet. No matter how hard I cranked the hose clamp I still had water trickling from the top of the hose. It seemed to finally stop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.