Liner floated and pool water low

padrino

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 16, 2010
I'm away on travel but my wife just dropped me a message to say our liner has a huge bubble in it and the pool water is down below the skimmer. Offhand it sounds like a liner leak of some kind, a significant one at that. I'm reaching out because the pool liner was installed about three years ago, generally speaking do I have any recourse with the liner warranty and/or the installer?

That aside assuming the liner has no obvious tears I assume the best option is to have someone drain the pool, reset and reseal the liner (around steps, etc.) and refill? While they are in there I know we generally have an issue with high water that can cause the liner to float (especially in the shallow end) so is it time to put in french drains with a pump or some other configuration? Just looking for ideas, also if anyone knows a good pool service company in the Hampton Roads area (Suffolk, VA) I'm very interested.

Didn't hear anything back from the forum but I still want to use it to vent. This has been a total pain, even getting someone that can reset the liner or sell me a new liner has been a pain. I'm told all season, boy we'd love to take care of your pools (I have multiple homes) but I can't get anyone out here. I've spent two weeks dealing with people promising to come and then canceling last minute and pushing me off for weeks, I assume everyone is in high demand given the time of year but the lack of professionalism is astounding.

You do not have a high dollar problem, so you are not a high priority for the pool builder guys when they can be out building pools and making the big bucks this time of year.

You may be able to find a landscaper who can put in the drainage you need around the pool. Have you contacted a pool cleaning service or just pool builders? Some pool cleaning services have experienced technicians who can set liners. Call around and ask for references.

Did the pool leak any further? Sorry I don't have better information for you. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer more help.

See my post and picture links at:
groundwater-problem-with-vinyl-liner-t30071.html
What I did was pump out the water behind the liner and the steel skin. On mine, I unhook the liner from the metal coping and insert a hose from a utility pump similar to:
http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Pumps ... ogId=10053
I actually have the intake hose to the pump attached to a 1" piece of PVC about 36" long so I can insert and withdraw the hose easier (the rubber intake hose tends to stretch when pulling it out due to the pressure of the water in the pool against the liner as I found out the hard way).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.