Platinum Supporter
May 4, 2010
SW Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Went to the local Ace Hardware to inquire about the percentage of their liquid chlorine I got the deer in the headlights look. I went back later to see the owner/manager about the same question and he said it was 15%. As I was walking away he said it was the same as everybody else sold. I know of no pool store in my area that sells 15%. I buy 10-1/2% at Pinch-A-Penny. My guess is that his is 10-1/2% but how would you know? If he is correct and he is selling 15% I have hit the jack pot but then again how do I know? Is there any way to test the percentage?

The percentage will be listed on the label. It's possible that it's 15% if it's very fresh but not likely. It leaves the plant around 16 to 18%.

Testing concentration requires very precise measurments, or special instruments which isn't usually worth the trouble. There's a way to dilute it and test it but it's not very precise.

I have not bought any so I don't know what the label states. It's just amazing to me that folks don't know details of what they sell. Their price is about 1 dollar more per 2-1/2 gallons than Pinch-A-Penny but with Pinch-A-Penny 45 minutes from the house and 3.75 gas Ace (in my backyard) is a better deal even at the same percentage. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.