First pool need advise

Hi new to forum and have been reading quite a bit but don't want to make any mistakes. My pool is 15 x 30 screened and has some sort of automatic pop head cleaner which isn't working now,the filter a pleated and it looks like brown sand. Does anyone have any ideas?
Just got back from pool store and here are the readings.

chlorine 3.0
Ph 7.8
alk 100
cal 250
sta 50

I closed on house on Monday cleaned out filter and it looked like it had a brown sand like particles didn't see any green in filter. pool was green added 4 gals 10% from Lowe's most of the algae is now gone from light green to cloudy blue in some area and there looks like there is still some green on bottom cant see bottom of pool.

pool store says 2 caps of yellow treat 2 jugs of chlorine today and 2 tomorrow. Would this be the proper course?
How much chlorine is in the yellow jugs and what percentage is it. I still have 4 gals of the 10% ??? :?:

farefax said:
Do you know what the percent of chlorine from pool store? Any idea what the brown sand like stuff would be? You said to bring up chlorine To 15 ppm does that mean don't use the yellow treat? :?:
Thanks for your help

I'd just stick with chlorine. Pool store chlorine is usually nominally 10 or 12%. The brown stuff may just be dirt that has blown or been tracked into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.