Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac Zippy AG pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1
    Covington, Georgia

Zodiac Zippy AG pool cleaner

We have a Polaris 65 AG pool cleaner which I am sick and tired of It keeps breaking down on us. We have taken it in to get it fixed and within a few days toa week of getting it back its not working again ....
    Does anyone out in TFP land have and use an AG pool cleaner called the "Zippy' Its made by Zodiac. Our local pool store told me about it the other day because, of course, they dont carry the Polaris 65 any more because he says they have allot of warranty work on them and they are a POS !! So I asked him why do you offer them to your customers who are purchasing pools then He said " Because they are a POS and we wanted to get rid of them, we arent going to carry them any more

So if any body uses a Zippy AG pool cleaner by Zodiac, if you could tell me how you like it I would appreciate it. We are looking at buying one and I want to make sure we are getting a good product for our money
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN
    Its made by Barracuda, and here is a link to the manufacturer site

I watched the little video they supply on the site. It appears to be a cross between a venturi vac and a pressure side type cleaner without the booster pump requirement. The bottom portion is sucking the debris in and the pressure from the return is propelling it around the pool. The info says it has its own debris filter inline (bag type?) Could be handy little unit.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!