Help with syncing Jandy replacement PDA remote

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I bought a replacement Jandy PDA remote. My neighbor was going to help me sync it but he's out of the country. I was told to turn the learn switch on inside the wall mounted antennae. But it's not syncing. Can someone help me with the chronological steps.

Thanks for the link. I printed the manual. Went home during lunch and tried the steps. Unfortunately I couldn't get the PDA to prompt me to slide th J-box learn Switch out of LEARN (off) so that I could press the Reset Switch. I went through all of the frequency, 0 - 9 and still wasn't directed to go to the next step. I'm not sure what I missed.

How long does it take for the PDA display prompt me to switch out of LEARN MODE? Do I have to wait a few minutes or is it an immediate notification?

For me, at least, the sync takes less than one second.

I observed two LEDs blinking in the JBox. The red LED appears to blink for activity on the wire to the control center. The green LED blinks for wireless activity. You should see red blinking all the time.

When I power on the PDA the green LEd starts to blink.

During LEARN activity, both LEDs blink together.

If the red LED is always off, then you have a problem with the JBox, the wire from the JBox to the control center or the control center.

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the PDA to sync. I was able to change the time and other program settings. Unfortunately when I went to turn it on 30 minutes later, no go on the connection. Oh well, I have something to look forward to tomorrow evening.

Thank you all for your assistance. Now if I can get the PDA to stay sync. :party:

For a long time I suffered some kind of interference, too. After a great deal of research I believe that the source of the interference is my smart power meter, which transmits in the same band as the PDA.

The default channel used by the PDA is 5, which directly overlaps one of the channels of the smart meter, which uses frequency hopping. After perusing FCC licensing documents for the smart meter and the PDA, I determined that channel 4 is the best solution for me. So far it has made a big difference.

If you are currently using channel 5, try channel 4 instead. If that doesn't work, try a few more.

The PDA works in the 915 - 930 MHz band. Knowing this may help you find other sources of interference.

Good luck.

jkalan said:
For a long time I suffered some kind of interference, too. After a great deal of research I believe that the source of the interference is my smart power meter, which transmits in the same band as the PDA.

The default channel used by the PDA is 5, which directly overlaps one of the channels of the smart meter, which uses frequency hopping. After perusing FCC licensing documents for the smart meter and the PDA, I determined that channel 4 is the best solution for me. So far it has made a big difference.

If you are currently using channel 5, try channel 4 instead. If that doesn't work, try a few more.

The PDA works in the 915 - 930 MHz band. Knowing this may help you find other sources of interference.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the MHz band to benefit from it. But I'll have fun playing around with it. THANKS!!!!

I have the same problem. Looking at the 2 lights, they both stay on all the time, neither one blinks. If I press reset with the learn on, they both blink very fast. I tried replacing my JBox with a new one, and got that SAME RESULT! The remote will control my neihbors pool just fine, from my house 2 doors down!

Any ideas?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.