Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with syncing Jandy replacement PDA remote

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with syncing Jandy replacement PDA remote

I bought a replacement Jandy PDA remote. My neighbor was going to help me sync it but he's out of the country. I was told to turn the learn switch on inside the wall mounted antennae. But it's not syncing. Can someone help me with the chronological steps.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with syncing Jandy replacement PDA remote

Hopefully someone with this system will come along, but if it helps this looks like it might be the installation manual. Seems like the info you need may be on page 23.

Sorry if you've already tried your manual. Hope you get it sync'ed up.

-- Pete
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

I can confirm that the procedure described on pp22-23 of the Jandy manual works. I have used it in the past.
    31000 Gal IG L-shape w/ spa, Riversand finish (PebbleSheen clone)
    Jandy 60 sq ft DE, 2.5 HP (uprated) Stealth pump, Polaris 280 w/ booster, Jandy PDA PS4 controller

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the link. I printed the manual. Went home during lunch and tried the steps. Unfortunately I couldn't get the PDA to prompt me to slide th J-box learn Switch out of LEARN (off) so that I could press the Reset Switch. I went through all of the frequency, 0 - 9 and still wasn't directed to go to the next step. I'm not sure what I missed.

How long does it take for the PDA display prompt me to switch out of LEARN MODE? Do I have to wait a few minutes or is it an immediate notification?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

5. Back To Top    #5

I will check this evening and post back.
    Jandy 60 sq ft DE, 2.5 HP (uprated) Stealth pump, Polaris 280 w/ booster, Jandy PDA PS4 controller

6. Back To Top    #6

For me, at least, the sync takes less than one second.

I observed two LEDs blinking in the JBox. The red LED appears to blink for activity on the wire to the control center. The green LED blinks for wireless activity. You should see red blinking all the time.

When I power on the PDA the green LEd starts to blink.

During LEARN activity, both LEDs blink together.

If the red LED is always off, then you have a problem with the JBox, the wire from the JBox to the control center or the control center.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the PDA to sync. I was able to change the time and other program settings. Unfortunately when I went to turn it on 30 minutes later, no go on the connection. Oh well, I have something to look forward to tomorrow evening.

Thank you all for your assistance. Now if I can get the PDA to stay sync.

8. Back To Top    #8

For a long time I suffered some kind of interference, too. After a great deal of research I believe that the source of the interference is my smart power meter, which transmits in the same band as the PDA.

The default channel used by the PDA is 5, which directly overlaps one of the channels of the smart meter, which uses frequency hopping. After perusing FCC licensing documents for the smart meter and the PDA, I determined that channel 4 is the best solution for me. So far it has made a big difference.

If you are currently using channel 5, try channel 4 instead. If that doesn't work, try a few more.

The PDA works in the 915 - 930 MHz band. Knowing this may help you find other sources of interference.

Good luck.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jkalan
    For a long time I suffered some kind of interference, too. After a great deal of research I believe that the source of the interference is my smart power meter, which transmits in the same band as the PDA.

The default channel used by the PDA is 5, which directly overlaps one of the channels of the smart meter, which uses frequency hopping. After perusing FCC licensing documents for the smart meter and the PDA, I determined that channel 4 is the best solution for me. So far it has made a big difference.

If you are currently using channel 5, try channel 4 instead. If that doesn't work, try a few more.

The PDA works in the 915 - 930 MHz band. Knowing this may help you find other sources of interference.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the MHz band to benefit from it. But I'll have fun playing around with it. THANKS!!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

I have the same problem. Looking at the 2 lights, they both stay on all the time, neither one blinks. If I press reset with the learn on, they both blink very fast. I tried replacing my JBox with a new one, and got that SAME RESULT! The remote will control my neihbors pool just fine, from my house 2 doors down!

Any ideas?