Good Evening All,
HELP!! I was hoping someone could give us some advice. We opened the pool on Sunday. Took off the cover and literally had tadpoles in there. It was dark green, smelled awful, had a lot of debris, etc. We shocked and shocked since Sunday. The water was circulating non-stop, but the people at Leslie's told us to have it bypass the filter since we want to kill all the algae, etc first. Now our water is a very light/milky green. Same sort of thing that happened last year. I understand that dead algae is white, correct? Well tonight we primed our brand new Hayward Pro Grid DE filter, and after 1 hour the pressure was sky high. Backwashed and did it again....another hour ridiculous pressure again. I know it's getting clogged that fast, but what are we supposed to do in the middle of the night? There has to be some alternative to getting up every hour. I know everyone doesn't have to do that. Any advice? Our pool is inground, 20K gallon, vinyl liner. HELP!!!!