Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward chlorinator

how can i find out if my chlorinator is working put chlorine tabs in on on sunday and been checking every day and they look the same
    16\32 30,000 gallon inground pool triton II sand filter 3 h.p pump hayward chrlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Orlando, FL

Re: hayward chlorinator

Maybe it would be a good idea to check the free chlorine level in the pool water itself? That way, if there is no chlorine in the water, then you'll know that your chlorinator is not working.
    While you're checking the levels, take a look at the CYA, or stabilizer, level too. It'll help determine just how high your FC (free chlorine) level needs to be.
    What do you use to test your water? Could you post your results?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

3. Back To Top    #3

i thought maybe there was a way to tell besides testing i dont have test kit yet and tabs look the same
    16\32 30,000 gallon inground pool triton II sand filter 3 h.p pump hayward chrlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

If the tabs are getting water, but not enough, then there will be a very strong chlorine smell when you open the feeder. The tabs should be wet and there should not be a strong chlorine smell.

5. Back To Top    #5

Coastalish 'down easter'

James gave a great and straight forward answer

Do you have the CL 200 (in-line) or the CL 220 (attached by black hoses)?

Try turning the dial all the way up and then back to 0 again a few times - you ought be able to hear the water flowing in after shutting it all the way off then opening it fully.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)