We had the guys who installed our liner do a month of pool maintenance, and due to various circumstances our pool had to be shocked (it was a nice thick green). No clue what they used to shock...I did see them pouring in a liquid around the whole pool, so I assume it was some sort of liquid chlorine.
At any rate, that also happened to be their last visit...meaning it's now up to me to take care of things.
I've been reading Pool School and have the Taylor K-2006 test kit, so I'm not too overwhelmed as far as overall maintenance goes.
But my question here, is how long do I let the "shock" settle before I attempt to balance chlorine/pH/etc?
They did the shock Monday afternoon (it's now Tuesday evening). The pool is no longer green, but just really cloudy (can't see the bottom yet). So do I just wait till that settles? Or do I start doing anything in the meantime?
My test results Tuesday evening were as follows (first time I've ever used the kit...so hoping I did it correctly):
FC - 0.6ppm
CC - 0.8ppm
pH - 8.0
TA - 60ppm
CH - 140ppm
CYA - Couldn't get a reading for this...the solution would never get cloudy