First Test Result TF100

JasonLion said:
Your numbers look good. Of course you need to add some chlorine and CYA.

I recommend adding 2 ppm of chlorine this evening and starting to add CYA soon.

I am going to pick up some bleach tomorrow and add it to the water.

What level should I shoot for CYA, the range says 30-50. Should I aim for 30, 40, or 50?

Just to confirm I am using the Pool Calculator properly:
CAY from 0 - 50 = 3827g
FC from 0 - 2 = 2480ml 6% Bleach or 3721 ml 4% Bleach (I thought last time I was at WalMart their Bleach was 4%)

Easto said:
What level should I shoot for CYA, the range says 30-50. Should I aim for 30, 40, or 50?
I suggest you aim for CYA 40. You can test and adjust after a week or so.

CAY from 0 - 50 = 3827g
FC from 0 - 2 = 2480ml 6% Bleach or 3721 ml 4% Bleach (I thought last time I was at WalMart their Bleach was 4%)
Yep, you are using the pool calculator properly :goodjob:

Butterfly said:
Easto said:
I suggest you aim for CYA 40. You can test and adjust after a week or so.

CAY from 0 - 50 = 3827g
Yep, you are using the pool calculator properly :goodjob:

awesome, thanks

I added +/- 3000g of CYA. Originally I put it in the skimmer basket ignoring all suggestions in the pool school. The stuff sat in there like mud. I scooped most of it out into a skimmer sock and about 2 handfuls went directly into the water and is now sitting on the bottom of the pool.

1. Should I vacuum this stuff up and let it run through the skimmer, pump, and filter?
2. I have a CYA ball the size of a grapegruit in the skimmer sock. How long will this, should this take to disolve?

I also added 3.75 L of 4% Bleach. Picked up 5x5L jugs of 4% for $1.99 each. Should get me to 2ppm FC

I moved the sock of CYA over to a return jet and this was 100x better. I can see the lump of CYA getting smaller and smaller.

Jason, I added 2ppm of Bleach to the pool. What's my next step? When should I test the water again?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Starting this evening you just start treating the pool as routine day to day maintenance. In this case that means raising FC to a level suitable for your CYA level. You can assume that CYA is 40 for now, so the day to day FC level is between 3 and 7. For now I suggest that you raise FC to six this evening and see how it does between now and tomorrow evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.