Do I even need to shock now?

rxman

May 30, 2008
I have been reading these forums and using the pool calculator to achieve better pool water. My numbers were way out of line to start. Right now I have the following results:

FC 3
CYA 30
pH 7.4
TA 150

I don't have a current CC reading here with me. I have been working to lower my TA by running a waterfall and then adding MA to lower the pH. The TA has gone from 250 to 150 right now.
My CYA was also zero only a week ago but is now within range.
My water is crystal clear but I have a few very, very small patches of green algae and I also have some light brown staining on the side walls from dirt blowing in and settling over the winter. I have brushed the walls many times.

My question is. Do I need to shock? Do I need to attempt to hold the FC at a certain level, etc?

THANKS!

The green algae that you know you have is only gonna get worse. Yes, you should shock. See the Chlorine/Cya chart in pool school for the FC level to Hold and read shocking your pool. Should be relatively easy and quick at this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.