Intex Sand Filter Clamp Bolt

Mar 25, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just turned our filter on for the first time last night. We did the rinse before our first filter & because we didnt have a proper backwash hose we had alot of water spirtering around. When we first turned the filter on after the rinse we thought the clamp bolt that tightens the filter was not tight enough so we really tightened it. Now we find the clamp bolt, which is a spring, is "bottomed out" no room left to tighten. Is this a problem? We dont seem to have any more leaks & the gauge shows the pressure at 10lbs

Were you getting any water out between the two halves of the filter?
Is that why you tightened the bolt tighter?

I have this same filter and tightened mine so it was bottomed out like your is and still had a little water coming out between the two filter bodies. I took the filter apart and found out there was a little bit of sand between the "O" ring and that created a leak. I cleaned all the sand, put the filter back together and tightened the bolt and and no more leaks. The bolt is not tightened all the way now. Hope this helps.

crookm11 said:
Were you getting any water out between the two halves of the filter?
Is that why you tightened the bolt tighter?

It did appear we had water coming out but that may have been from the water leaking down under the rim & looking like a leak. So I dont know for sure. Husband tightened while I wiped the water & it came to dry up, then we realised the bolt was completely tightened. We were thinking that if we started it up without it being sealed we may have pushed sand near the opening... I'll tell hubby & maybe we'll open it up to make sure no sand. Thank you...

I have this same filter and tightened mine so it was bottomed out like your is and still had a little water coming out between the two filter bodies. I took the filter apart and found out there was a little bit of sand between the "O" ring and that created a leak. I cleaned all the sand, put the filter back together and tightened the bolt and and no more leaks. The bolt is not tightened all the way now. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.