pump problem?

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
We've had our pool for almost a month. The first few times I turned on the pump I could see the water kind of rolling inside. Then it went to just an air bubble on top (the water looked still even though it was moving) now it has no air bubble but I can tell water is moving inside. Is that normal? I don't want to ruin the pump

Sounds normal... do you feel the water coming out of the returns in the pool? As long as water is coming out the returns water is moving through the pump. When you look in the site glass on the top of the pump it may look as though water is not moving.

It's fine...your pool water level was likely a little low before and allowed the skimmer to catch some air. Now that the water level has risen and the skimmer door is completely covered with water, there is no air coming into the suction side of the pump. Mine operates that way 90% of the time and is a good thing. You do not want air in your system...a little bubbling is fine, no none is even better :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.