Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

I need to replace my T Cell 15 and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to purchase. My Pool store wants almost $600 for the cell and I found online for much less. I would like to stay away from the "generic" brands. Any input will be appreciated.

Re: Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

There are many good sources for pool parts on the Internet. I like PoolSupplyWorld, but there are many others that are also good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Mineral Springs MS-10 is the same as a Hayward/Goldline Aquarite system except it has a BioGuard label on the front.

There are 2 types of Genuine Goldline replacement cells

The GLX-CELL-15W (sometimes sold as a CELL-15W) and the T-Cell-15
    They are both the same cell, but the GLX-Cell-15W has a 1 year warranty and the T-Cell-15 has a 3 year warranty.

The 1 year warranty cell is $348 and the 3 year warranty cell is $439.
    You simply need to decide if it is worth $91 more for the longer warranty.

Shop around on the net, you may be able to beat these prices.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering the Goldline Turbo Cell T-CELL for Aquarite Aqua Rite
    GLX-CELL-15-W 1 Year Warranty 2-3 day shipping included for $353 on ebay. Was not worth it to me to pay the extra $100 for the 3 year prorated warranty. Should arrive Saturday.