Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

I need to replace my T Cell 15 and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to purchase. My Pool store wants almost $600 for the cell and I found online for much less. I would like to stay away from the "generic" brands. Any input will be appreciated.

Re: Replacement for Bioguard Mineral Springs T-Cell 15

There are many good sources for pool parts on the Internet. I like PoolSupplyWorld, but there are many others that are also good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Mineral Springs MS-10 is the same as a Hayward/Goldline Aquarite system except it has a BioGuard label on the front.

There are 2 types of Genuine Goldline replacement cells

The GLX-CELL-15W (sometimes sold as a CELL-15W) and the T-Cell-15
    They are both the same cell, but the GLX-Cell-15W has a 1 year warranty and the T-Cell-15 has a 3 year warranty.

The 1 year warranty cell is $348 and the 3 year warranty cell is $439.
    You simply need to decide if it is worth $91 more for the longer warranty.

Shop around on the net, you may be able to beat these prices.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering the Goldline Turbo Cell T-CELL for Aquarite Aqua Rite
    GLX-CELL-15-W 1 Year Warranty 2-3 day shipping included for $353 on ebay. Was not worth it to me to pay the extra $100 for the 3 year prorated warranty. Should arrive Saturday.