Best Place to get an In-Ground Liner

May 16, 2011
I searched around a bit, but I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed so new topic.

What's the best place to get an in-ground liner?
What qualities should I be looking for? What gauge? Virgin vinyl?
Will I have to remeasure or should I just use the original measurements?

I have a 20x40 Esther Williams pool. Deep end, diagonal corners. I have all of the original documentation as far as measurements. My dad put it in originally and I purchased the home from him a few years ago. It's time for the third liner. I don't care what it looks like. Since I'm pretty sure I'll be living here a while I want a good liner. It has aluminum walls. Beaded liner hook.

The corners tended to come out on the last liners. Should I add a little to the diagonal dimensions to prevent this? My dad was also talking about putting some foam on the bottom. Good idea or not?

Do you plan to install it yourself, or do you want the dealer to install it also? Above ground pools are pretty much standard sizes. You will want a stretchable liner to accommodate the deep end, but I am sure you could order a custom liner if you want.

I assume you are considering installing wall foam? There are some who claim if provides a little extra heat retention. I don't know if it does or not.

If you go down to the bottom left of this page and do a google search for "replacement liners" you should be able to pull up several threads where liner characteristics are discussed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.