Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Place to get an In-Ground Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Place to get an In-Ground Liner

I searched around a bit, but I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed so new topic.

What's the best place to get an in-ground liner?
    What qualities should I be looking for? What gauge? Virgin vinyl?
    Will I have to remeasure or should I just use the original measurements?

I have a 20x40 Esther Williams pool. Deep end, diagonal corners. I have all of the original documentation as far as measurements. My dad put it in originally and I purchased the home from him a few years ago. It's time for the third liner. I don't care what it looks like. Since I'm pretty sure I'll be living here a while I want a good liner. It has aluminum walls. Beaded liner hook.

The corners tended to come out on the last liners. Should I add a little to the diagonal dimensions to prevent this? My dad was also talking about putting some foam on the bottom. Good idea or not?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best Place to get an In-Ground Liner

I really need to know what I'm looking for here. Summer is almost here in Wisconsin.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Do you plan to install it yourself, or do you want the dealer to install it also? Above ground pools are pretty much standard sizes. You will want a stretchable liner to accommodate the deep end, but I am sure you could order a custom liner if you want.

I assume you are considering installing wall foam? There are some who claim if provides a little extra heat retention. I don't know if it does or not.

If you go down to the bottom left of this page and do a google search for "replacement liners" you should be able to pull up several threads where liner characteristics are discussed.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Self install. I helped put this one in 10+ years ago. Wall foam is a good idea. Would I have to subtract the wall foam out from the dimensions?