Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raccoon Toilet...

1. Back To Top    #1

Raccoon Toilet...

We have a raccoon that has decided to make our pool into his, I have a two part question....

First off, what precautions should we take prior to jumping back in the pool?

Second, any recommendations on eliminating this problem in the future would be appreciated...

It's prime swimming season here in south Florida, and I want to get wet!!!

BTW... am I this first with this issue on the boards??? I searched and only found four posts, and they all concerned swimmers not SH*Ters..

BTW/2... we have a 10,000 gal. salt water pool

35k / Hayward Swim Clear C4025 Cartridge Filter / Aqua Rite SWG / In ground / Pebble Tec

2. Back To Top    #2

Noblesville, IN

Re: Raccoon Toilet...

I'm no expert but first get the poop outta the pool, second test the water and third trap the coon and take it for a one way ride...Seems like the chlorine should clean the water up. I'm sure public pools have had worse in them.
    16 x 32 15300 gal. IG Vinyl Jandy pump, Jandy sand filter, Paramount circulation system, Automatic pool cover.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

Yeah, you will have to do something about the four-legged source. As for treating the incident(s), scroll all the way down the page to the Google search input, below the normal search field, and do a TFP-wide Google search for "fecal".
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

good advice on the google search... Thanks! That's almost TMI!
    35k / Hayward Swim Clear C4025 Cartridge Filter / Aqua Rite SWG / In ground / Pebble Tec