Question about getting an above ground pool......

May 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
We are looking to get an above ground pool. I have priced them at the local companies and the 24' rounds are running a little more then we wanted to spend. I see there are places online that I could order them and even with paying someone for installation we would still save money. I was wondering if any of you seasoned pros could let me know if reputable companies online. I have seen bad reviews about National Pool Wholesalers. I have seen a couple of people in the forum mention they got their pools from Family Pool Fun with no complaints. Are there any other companies worth looking into? You don't have to bash companies if that is against forum rules, just looking for reputable online companies to order a pool from!

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

I haven't tried buying a pool online, but if you are on a budget, and are the DIY type, you could check craigslist and find a pretty good deal on a 2-5yr old pool. If you are located anywhere in the northeast Namco tend to have decent deals on pools from time to time. Also, AGPs can usually be found on sale in the fall, but you are normally limited to inventory on hand, before their winter products come in store. We ended up picking up our AGP from Namco for $899 (just the pool w/ liner) late Sept, while today's mid-season price is around $1,700 and also excludes any pump/filter or installation. Our installation was about $1000 and electrical was just over $1,000...although I had a really long run (about 100ft) to the pool and difficult terrain to run a trencher through (removed 21 trees :shock: ). Hope this helps some :wink:

Yep, as much or more of your cost could be involved in site prep. We bought online. Shop around and compare. Check their listing with the BBB online and see if there are many complaints. Buy your pool and liner separately from equupment because they often have poorly matched setups. Look for a good warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.